How To Fix Google TV Remote Not Working Problem
Sometimes you can face many problems with your Google TV Remote. The Google TV remote may not work and may not function. But, the Google TV remote is the main requirement to control your TV. Your Google TV has the ability to use your phone as a remote, but that doesn't solve your problem. So, let's see what to do if Google Remote is not working.
Fix Google TV Remote Not Working
You may have to face this Google TV problem and that's why you are here to benefit from your search. In this article, we will show you how to fix Google TV remote not working problem with a few simple steps.
Check battery Condition
If your Google TV remote is not working properly, check that the batteries are in good working condition. If the batteries are dead, your Google TV remote probably won't work. To prevent this, replace the old batteries in your Google TV remote with a new set of batteries.
After replacing the new batteries, check that the remote works. If the Google TV remote still doesn't work properly after the replacement, it means the batteries are fine and there's something else wrong with the remote. Also, check the below solution to fix the google tv remote.
Reset Your Google TV Remote
Next time, you can try resetting the Google TV remote to its factory settings. This will reset the remote to its default settings, which will most likely fix your problem. Follow the simple steps below to fix the Google TV remote not working issue.
- First, you need to remove the batteries from the Google TV remote.
- Press and hold the Home button on the Google TV remote. Put the batteries back into the remote while holding down the home button.
- Do not hold down the Home button on the Google TV remote until the LED lights up.
- After the LED on the Google TV remote starts flashing, release the Home button.
- This function will restart the Google TV remote, which is now more likely to work well.
Restart Your Google TV
If the Google TV remote is not working, try restarting your Google TV to fix the problem. First of all, know that Google TV needs a lot of apps and services to work smoothly and properly. Even if any of these important services stop working without any reason, it can cause many problems with Google TV. Most of the time, restarting your device will fix the Google Remote not working problem.
Follow the steps below to do this
- First, turn off your Google TV. Then, remove the power cord.
- After a minute, plug the power cord back in.
- If you have Google TV enabled, this issue should no longer be a problem again.
Ensure Google TV Remote Is Paired To Your TV
Also, make sure that the Google TV remote is connected to the Google TV. This problem is more likely to occur if the Google Remote is disconnected from the Google TV. This requires you to make sure to pair your Google TV remote with your Google TV again.
Follow the steps below to do so
- First, you need to install the Google TV Remote app on your phone. The app is available on the Play Store, but iOS users cannot get it on the App Store on their iPhones.
- If you have an iPhone or iPad, you can get this Google Remote feature by installing an app called Google Home.
- For this now, connect your installed Google Home app or Google TV remote to your Google TV. This feature detects all TVs around you.
- Now, open Settings on your Google TV.
- Now in Settings, select the option “For Remote & Accessories”.
- Now, choose the option that says "Pair remote" or "accessory".
- Your TV will now search for nearby remotes.
- Press the Home and Back buttons at the same time to connect the remote.
Update Your Google TV
Updating Google TV can be a way to fix the Google TV remote not working issue. If users with older TV firmware say they have this problem, try updating Google TV to fix it.
To do so follow the steps below
- Go to your Google TV's Settings app.
- Now, go to Computer and from there select About.
- Here, click on the “Check for Updates” button.
- Now, make sure your device is up-to-date and see if the problem is still there.
Update your Google TV Remote
If the Google TV Remote is still not working, we recommend updating the Google TV Remote app as a last resort.
To do this, you can follow the following steps
- First, go to your Google TV settings.
- Tap Remote & Accessories here.
- Here's how to update your remote. Replace the remote.
- If you have the most recent firmware for your remote, you will see the message "Remote up to date".
There have been many complaints about issues with Google TV remotes not working, which is a common thing. If you have this problem, you can follow the steps above to fix the Google TV remote not working. If following all the steps above doesn't solve your Google TV remote problem then it is best to buy a new Google remote.
Post a Comment